If you’ve spent any time surfing the web or researching your niche or blog article, then you know firsthand that there is a lot of noise out there. I don’t know about you but it leads me to brain fog. I start getting really weary of what I do for a living. Add to that the copious amounts of hate and misinformation and bravado, and I want to hide in a hole.
I think of those poor souls who are just getting started online and who are just looking for some simple information or instructions to help them get going. I wonder how they navigate this labyrinth of information overload.
But it doesn’t have to be this way.
Here are some simple ways to keep from adding to the noise out there.
1. Just give. Stop thinking you have something to teach someone. Give like you love the person you’re giving to. That’s it.
2. Be excellent. Stop trying to prove you’re a superstar. Quit. If you have what it takes to succeed in your excellence will show up in your work. And the people who are supposed to be listening to you will be drawn to that excellence. Concentrate on pouring excellence into the world.
3. Be succinct. What I mean is say what you mean without flattery or flowery words. Get to the meat. There are lots of great resources online to help you outline and fine-tune your messaging. Blog readers, especially, are getting sophisticated.
4. Tell the truth. I hate that I have to include this in this list. But I have read a lot of horseshit over the span of my 20 years in this industry. The truth is you need to be one-on-one with someone in order to actually help them with their business. The truth is you don’t have all the answers. And the truth is you’re learning just like everyone else. Experts are experts because they failed enough times to find out what doesn’t work.
5. Finally, be YOU. Please don’t try to be like somebody else. You don’t have to try to improve on their system or their formula. If you have something you need to say, then your people will find you, and you will find your tribe. That’s how this works. That’s the great thing about the Internet. That is why there’s room for everyone. Somebody needs what you have to offer.
You can do this.
I know there is a wealth of information you have to offer. Pare it down to be useful rather than just another voice out there. If you’re thinking you don’t know where to start, read how to get started here.
And let us know what you’re passionate about in the comments below!